Hart House Singers
The Hart House Singers is a non-auditioned choir that provides an opportunity for first-time and experienced singers to share in the joy of choral singing, to learn the art of song, to have fun, and to sing culturally and historically diverse repertoire.
The art of song is an old tradition at Hart House, beginning with the all-male Hart House Glee Club, which amalgamated with the co-educational University of Toronto Chorus in 1972 to form the Hart House Chorus. The forerunner to the Singers began under the aegis of the Chorus in 1976 and became an independent Hart House club in 1987.
How to get Involved:
An exciting opportunity for first time and experienced singers to share the joy of choral singing within this non-auditioned choir conducted by David Arnot-Johnston. Learn the art of song, have fun and sing culturally diverse repertoire
• Sign-up occurs at the the beginning of each term, for sign-up dates, visit our website
• Weekly rehearsals: Monday 7:45 pm to 9:45 pm.
• Perform at three end-of-term concerts in the Great Hall
Fall 2014 Term (September – November 2014):
- Monday, September 15, 2014
- Monday, September 22, 2014
REMEMBER you must re-register for each term that is even if you were a member last term.
Fall 2014 Term:
- Usually held at Hart House in the Great Hall (locations will be listed on the display board at the Hub)
- The first rehearsal is on Monday, September 15 at 7:45 PM – 9:45 PM [NOTE THE TIME].
- Regular rehearsals for this Fall term are held each Monday from 7:45 PM – 9:45 PM, locations will vary check at Hub.
- The dress rehearsal for the Fall 2014 concert will be on Saturday, November 29, 10 AM-1 PM in the Great Hall of Hart House.
- The concert for the Fall 2014 concert will be on Sunday, November 30th, 3 PM.