Hart House Music Committee
The Hart House Music Committee creates partnerships and presents professional and aspiring musicians, students and community members in an inclusive environment. The Committee supports a wide array of cultural and musical styles in the spirit of using music as a universal language we attract a diverse audience in a common artistic experience. We are responsible for organizing and managing Jazz at Oscars, U of T Idol, Stages, Open Mic, Sunday Concerts, Midday Mosaics and other special events.
We are committed to:
- Contributing to the enhancement of student life
- Offering amateur musicians and student musicians an opportunity to showcase their work and to attend FREE quality shows on campus
- Providing a forum for musical/artistic expression with DEMO Music Magazine
- Providing an opportunity for students to gain valuable arts based skills and learn outside the classroom
- Creating entry points for students to liaise and work with a large musical and artistic community on and off campus
How to get Involved:
The Music Committee takes on students primarily at the beginning of the year but there are opportunities to contribute to our existing sub committees or to propose new special events or partnerships during the school year. The Music Committee’s magazine, DEMO has an active sub committee and opportunities for students to get involved in both the print issue and the online zine in various areas such as writing, editing, graphic design, reporting or researching for the magazine can check out www.demomagazine.ca or contact editor in chief 2014-15 firstname.lastname@example.org
All concerts are Free and open to the student, campus community and general public.
For More Information: Contact 2014-15 Secretary Freda Zhang email@example.com or staff advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org