Fancy yourself a filmmaker, but don’t know where to start? Hart House offers courses from screenwriting to post-production. It’s “film school on a budget.” Even if you’re an absolute beginner, you will get a chance to write, shoot, direct, edit and produce in these hands-on classes. You have an important story to tell. Develop the skills you need to tell it well.
For an overview of classes, download the Hart House Classes & Workshops guide and schedule (PDF) >>
Award-winning directors and producers, skilled technicians and experts in the art of the documentary. Learn more about our filmmaking instructors.
Choose a Class
The Filmmaking classes listed below are offered this term. If you can’t find the class you want, check back again next term. Select a class for more information and to register:
- Documentary Filmmaking: An Introduction - 6513
- Writing a Short Screenplay - 6515
- 100% Hands-On Film for Beginners - Session II - 6519
- 100% Hands-On Film for Beginners - Session III - 6520
- Digital Video Editing with Adobe Premiere - Session II - 6524
- Advanced 100% Hands-on Film for Beginners- Session II - 6527
- Adobe After Effects: An Introduction - 6529
- Practical Movie-Making for Educators - 6530